We’re guessing you might be itching to remedy a case of cabin fever and get outside. Fortunately, homes at Skyline have their own built-in outdoor recreation centers – the backyard! Here is a collection of fun ideas to blur the lines between indoor and outdoor living, and put those patios, yards and gardens to use mastering new skills, creating new memories and simply relaxing.
Soak It Up
Everyone who had a slip n’ slide as a kid, raise your hand. Us, too! When used responsibly, they’re still just as fun (maybe even more so) as a parent. Buy yours, or go DIY and make your own. Here are instructions on building a ginormous one, and here are some additional ideas to soak up the rays while getting soaked:
● Make this crazy cool water blob.
● Imagine a game of piñata, but with big water balloons. You could even put a waterproof prize inside the balloons!
● Two words: Super Soaker.
● Can't go to the beach? Bring the beach to you! Get sand delivered and create your very own oasis. SM Sales and Sand Building Materials are a couple of nearby resources. Grab the beach chairs and toys, add some tiki torches and get the blender ready.
Skamping (Skyline Camping)
There’s probably no better way to experience a connection to nature than sleeping on the ground under the stars. We suggest getting an early start to the day when setting up your campsite – laying the groundwork, pitching the tent, planning an outdoor menu and gathering sleeping and reading materials. Consider these fun tips:
● Start with a nature walk. The paseos and trails at Skyline are the perfect way to put everyone in an adventurous mindset.
● Take advantage of Skyline’s outdoor kitchens and grills. Here’s a great recipe for grilled pizza. And don’t forget the s’mores!
● And while we don’t advocate any screen time inside the campsite, parents can use the Sky Guide app as an opportunity to learn and share the wonders of the night sky.
Get Your Game On
“Backyard games” has a nice summertime ring to it, don’t you think? Whether you buy or build them, these are guaranteed opportunities for challenging fun and family hijinks. Creativity counts! Here are a few ideas to get the juices flowing:
● Test your balance and concentration with a Stump Jump, creating a path of cut logs in varying heights along the ground.
● Contact a tree trimmer to see if they’ll donate scraps, or cut them yourself in heights ranging from 2” to 14” high. Space the stumps far enough apart to challenge kids and/or adults.
● Go big! Make a huge set of lawn dominoes or giant Jenga.
● Twister anyone? Take it outside by making your own lawn version.
Regardless of your skill or age level, the opportunity for epic backyard escapes is a part of living life wide open at Skyline.
Looking for a home that embraces a sun-kissed lifestyle? Learn more about the homes and amenities to be found in this award-winning community by joining our Interest List below. All of Skyline’s new neighborhoods offer virtual touring options.
Get the latest news and updates about life at Skyline in Santa Clarita.
The prices of our homes, included features, plans, specifications, promotions/incentives, neighborhood build-out and available locations are subject to change without notice. Stated dimensions, square footage and acreage are approximate and should not be used as a representation of any home’s or homesite’s precise or actual size, location or orientation. There is no guarantee that any particular homesite or home will be available. No information or material herein is to be construed to be an offer or solicitation for sale. A Broker/Agent must register their client in person on client’s first visit at each community for a Broker/Agent to receive a commission or referral fee, if available. Not all features and options are available in all homes. Unless otherwise expressly stated, homes do not come with hardscape, landscape, or other decorator items. Any photographs or renderings used herein reflect artists’ conceptions and are for illustrative purposes only. Community maps, illustrations, plans and/or amenities reflect our current vision and are subject to change without notice. Maps not to scale. Photographs or renderings of people do not depict or indicate any preference regarding race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, or national origin. Some amenities may not yet be constructed. Builder reserves the right to change the size, design, configuration and location of amenities not yet constructed and does not warrant the suitability thereof for any use or for any person. There is no guarantee that any particular homesite, home or common area will offer a view or that any particular view will be preserved. Views may also be altered by subsequent development, construction, and landscaping growth. No warranty or guarantee is made regarding any particular area public school/school district or that any particular public school/school district will service any given community. Schools/school districts may change over time. Builder does not warrant the suitability of any trail for any use or for any person.Our name and the logos contained herein are registered trademarks of TRI Pointe Group, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. CA Contractor’s License No. 251810. CA DRE License No. 02027320. © 2020 Pardee Homes, a member of the TRI Pointe Group. All rights reserved